Monday, April 29, 2013

The case for convertible clothing.

While packing for my trip to Beijing, I came across a common packing issue...

How will I fit 15 days of clothing into a suitcase and be able to bring back souvenirs?

That's when I decided it break out my trusty sewing machine and make a convertible dress.  If you are not familiar with the popular convertible dress, here are some examples from Jersey Maid.



The Jersey Maid Etsy Store


I love that it will not be obvious to anyone looking at my vacation pictures that I am wearing the same dress. Even better, the material I picked out dries quickly and does not wrinkle, so I can wash it at night and it will be dry in the morning. Add a T shirt and it becomes a skirt. Add a blazer and the dress is great to wear to work. Or mix it up with an over skirt.



Henkaa Blog

Henkaa sells not only the dress, but also accessories such as a lace or chiffon skirt to dress it up or down. Check out their blog for other ideas on how to style a convertible dress.

Are you ready to try to make your own convertible dress? Check out this great tutorial at Sew Like My Mom.
Little Red Infinity Dress Tutorial


No comments:

Post a Comment