Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Library Museum Passes

One of my favorite things at the library is the museum pass program.  I have never lived in a city in Massachusetts that does not have the program.  The museum pass program allows people to visit local museums and attractions for free or discounted admission.  I am lucky, as I have several library cards from living in different parts of the state, so I have many attractions to choose from.


Today I visited the Tower Hill Botanical Garden in Boylston, MA.  Total cost $6


From Trip Advisor: Tower Hill Botanic Garden is New England's year-round botanic garden, a living museum of plants exquisite in every season. Several distinctive gardens arrange plants according to an overall Master Plan, that includes a Lawn Garden, Secret Garden, Systematic Garden, Cottage & Vegetable Garden, Wildlife Refuge Pond, Winter Garden, and more. Two conservatories--the Orangerie and the Limonaia--display non-hardy plants in winter, with blooming flowers in every season. Springtime brings more than a quarter million flowering bulbs, including a signature field of more than 25,000 daffodils.


Picture credit: Wikipedia Public Domain

Picture credit: Wikipedia Creative Commons


Enjoying a bench swing


Walking along the paths

 Wearing: Blue Maxi Skirt Amazon $12; Black Button Down Shirt Brooks Brothers $49 (outlet/coupons); Belt Tommy Hilfigers Mens (shh, don't tell!) $26



I ended up purchasing a membership to this place as I know I will be visiting often.  I used my student ID for the discounted rate of $25.  They deducted my $6 from today, making the total cost for a year round membership $19.  Not a bad deal.



Check out their Instagram below!

No comments:

Post a Comment